To name a few:
- The Trust Project, which is made up of dozens of global news companies, announced this morning that the number of journalism organizations using the global network’s “Trust Indicators” now totals 200, making it one of the larger global initiatives to combat fake news. Some of these groups (like NewsGuard) work with Trust Project and are a part of it.
- News Integrity Initiative (Facebook, Craig Newmark Philanthropic Fund, Ford Foundation, Democracy Fund, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Tow Foundation, AppNexus, Mozilla and Betaworks)
- NewsGuard (Longtime journalists and media entrepreneurs Steven Brill and Gordon Crovitz)
- The Journalism Trust Initiative (Reporters Without Borders, and Agence France Presse, the European Broadcasting Union and the Global Editors Network )
- Internews (Longtime international non-profit)
- Accountability Journalism Program (American Press Institute)
- Trusting News (Reynolds Journalism Institute)
- Media Manipulation Initiative (Data & Society)
- Deepnews.ai (Frédéric Filloux)
- Trust & News Initiative (Knight Foundation, Facebook and Craig Newmark in. affiliation with Duke University)
- Our.News (Independently run)
- WikiTribune (Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales)
There are also dozens of fact-checking efforts being championed by different third-parties, as well as efforts being built around blockchain and artificial intelligence.